Call To Action | Refugee Resettlement Day of Action
Many faith-based and civic groups are joining together for a National Day of Action on Saturday, August 3rd to lift their voices in opposition to the possibility of this Administration banning all refugee resettlement in 2020. Recent Politico news reports indicate that officials are giving serious consideration to preventing any refugees from resettling in the US in the coming year. This would be devastating at a time when refugees like those from Syria are in such desperate need fleeing war, hunger and other intolerable situations.
Here are some quick resources to learn more:
• Rise for Refuge on Facebook - Add the Rise for Refuge Facebook page as an event co-host so that your event shows up on the collective Facebook page.
• Organizational Endorsement - Endorse the Rise for Refuge National Day of Action.
• Map of Events - Put your Rise for Refuge action on the national map.
• Graphics and Images - Unbranded graphics for your use.
• August 3rd National Day of Action Website - Find more resources on We Are All America website.
Faith Leaders & Organizations
Sign on to an important faith letter by COB Monday, August 12th, urging the administration to commit to resettling 95,000 refugees in FY 2020.
• Faith Leaders: Sign on here.
• Faith Organizations: Sign on here.
State & Local Elected Leaders
Urge your state and local elected leaders to sign on to support refugees in your community and urge the administration to commit to resettling 95,000 refugees in 2020! The deadline to sign on is August 30th, 2019. Click to read the letter and to sign: http://welcomingrefugees2020.org/
Thank you in advance for your efforts in this crisis.