Image: No Muslim Ban Rally in Washington, DC on February 4th, 2017 (Photograph by Ted Eytan)
Today, January 27th, we recognize the third anniversary of the first refugee and Muslim ban. The administration has repeatedly attacked refugees, asylum seekers, and our Muslim neighbors, prolonging family separation, undermining our moral and legal obligations to the most vulnerable, and discriminating against people based of their faith or nationality.
The NO BAN Act is legislation that would terminate the administration’s refugee, Muslim, and asylum bans and ensure that no one is banned from our country based on religious or nationality-based discrimination. In addition, Senator Blumenthal plans to introduce an important resolution recognizing the anniversaries of the refugee and Muslim ban and calling for the enactment of the NO BAN Act. Join us in calling on all Members of Congress to cosponsor and pass the NO BAN Act (S.1123 / H.R.2214) and urging Senators to join as original cosponsors of the resolution.
Call Your Senators and Representative Today
Click here to be connected to your two Senators and one Member of Congress.
I’m your constituent from [CITY/TOWN] and I urge you to protect refugees and rebuild the U.S. refugee resettlement program by cosponsoring the GRACE Act (S.1088/H.R.2146).
• I urge you to stand against hate and cosponsor the NO BAN Act (S.1123 / H.R.2214). This bill would ensure that no one is banned from our country based on religious or nationality-based discrimination. Thank you.
• FOR SENATORS ONLY: I also urge the Senator to sign on as an original cosponsor to Senator Blumenthal’s resolution marking the third anniversary of the refugee and Muslim ban and calling for the enactment of the NO BAN Act. Thank you.
In the last three years, the administration has repeatedly tried to ban Syrian refugees, other refugees, asylum seekers, and Muslim neighbors from the United States. My community is still feeling the negative impacts of these immoral and wrongful bans that continue to tear apart families. No one should be blocked from entering the country just because of their faith tradition or where they come from.
My community welcomes Syrian refugees fleeing from the war, other refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants, and I urge you to do the same.
Thank you for taking action on this.
Amplify On Social Media
Don’t forget to tweet at your Members of Congress.
Here are some sample posts:
• The refugee & Muslim ban has torn apart families. We need Congress to repeal it today. #MuslimBanTurns3 [click this link to automatically tweet]
• The refugee and #MuslimBanTurns3 today. Congress, we need you to repeal the ban and pass the #NoBanAct now. pic.twitter.com/tcMcU9KYvy [click this link to automatically tweet]
• @[Member of Congress’ twitter handle] as your constituent, I’m asking you to sign the #NoBanAct and restore the American value of equal treatment for all people, regardless of their faith. #MuslimBanTurns3 #NoMuslimBan #NoRefugeeBans